Monday, August 3, 2009

P90X Day 1! Starting with the stats, then the schedule.

Here I am on day one and I'm already feeling a couple challenges before I've started working out. I am not one who works out regularly, nor enjoys it, and I lead a fairly busy daily schedule...So finding that consistent time to do the program daily will be challenging. Also we are in our last couple of weeks of Summer vacation for the kids, meaning all our schedules will be affected when school starts.

That was challenge one, challenge two is actually doing the pre-program stats (ie: measurements). In the couple of times I've done a program that suggested measuring and taking pictures I've dismissed that part telling myself I'm not doing this for some dramatic change to be publisized or for some vain desire to look beautiful. I really only want to be in better shape and healthier. The truth is you need to go through this step in order to see that you are progressing throughout the program and in turn stay motivated.

So here I go. I'm going to start with the measuring and such this morning now that I've finished my ultra priority work. After I knock out half a days work I'm going to start with the workout in the afternoon, either before or after lunch based on what the program suggests. I don't remember off hand. I've never done well with an afternoon workout, but at this time it seems like it will work the most consistently over the next 90 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment