Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 3

Starting the day off well with a little Cardio X as planned (after putting out a few fires and doing a little emergency super priority stuff for work). This is the catch up exercise from yesterday, then today's scheduled workout will be this afternoon (with any luck). Feelin good, although 'Cardio X' was not how I imagined cardio. It was more like a workout.

I should mention that I am using the nutrition portion of this program as a guide, not a strict rule. I do believe it should be followed as a rule if you want the results they promise, but with a spouse (who is not on board with eating this type of menu) and five kids to feed sometimes you just gotta go with what works. That is not to say I'm not coming close. I'm very close to the nutrition menu, if not always for the group, for myself. I'm mostly have to make a few modifications based on feeding the whole family, what we can afford, what we have in the house at any given meal time, and time to prepare and eat.

I have been through this type of meal planning enough to know a little bit about preparing ahead of time certain things for the week. You also have to be careful though with some of the fresh food (meats and such) that if they are not prepared right away, that you will either be cooking them very soon or storing them away. I've had my share of fresh foods go down the drain due to a super busy last minute schedule popping up and having to supplement with lots of shakes and bars. So let me say it again, when supplementing with shakes and bars or whatever, remember the fresh food you are not eating in its place and decide how you're going to handle it.

Okay, back to work, lunch soon, then hopefully an early afternoon workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment